Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One for the Archive.

I have snapped a few pictures over the last twelve months, and have finally captured the moment. This is THE picture I have been looking for. Let me explain. I know there will come a day in the not to distant future when Lily will want to begin "dating." It will all start out harmless enough I'm sure... silly giggles, a little flirting, "will you go with me," hand holding on the playground... hand holding in between class... hand holding at CHURCH, Lily and ________ sitting in a tree... , blah blah blah. But, I am smart enough to realize there will come a day. Actually there will come THE day when a good-fer-nuthin'-pre-pubescent-squeaky-
voiced-pimple-poppin-juice-box -drinkin' 14 year old turd, will want to take my daughter on a date. Besides the fact that I will say "no " and laugh hysterically in the little guys face... I will have blackmail.
"Dad, PLEASE let me go to the movies with acne-boy."
"Nope. And don't ask me again or I'll bring out THE picture."
"Yes, Father."

"Dad, Can Squeaky-Voice come over and watch a movie?"
"Nope. And don't ask me again or I'll bring out THE picture."
"Yes, Father."

"Dad, Can...?"
"Nope. Picture!"
"OK"

Hopefully I will continue to build a strong army of defense. Because I know that day will come, and as a father I plan on being ready.

1 comment:

RachelShingleton said...

LOVE the leaping pictures!!! Sooo cute!

xo, your cousin,
Rachel