Monday, June 4, 2007

The Scout Runneth... and Lily Sleepeth!


After two years, an engine, brakes, two carbs, a host of batteries, tires, muffler, and an alternator or two... The Blue Beast is alive and well. I know that had nothing to do with Lily but it makes me so happy I had to share it with everyone I come in contact with.
So, life at the homestead is good. Last week my brother and his wife and son (and baby on the way) came in for a quick visit. In order to help prepare them for a multiple-child family we sent them home with our two boys. Before they left I sat Dylan and Micah down and gave them a list of rules they are to abide by:
1) Always say "yes maam, no maam. yes sir, no sir"
2) No whining.
3) Don't ask for things, but when you are given something be grateful.
4) Don't touch skunks that you see on the side of the road.
5) Lift the Lid.
6) Don't touch possums that you see on the side of the road.
7) Say your prayers at night.
8) Don't fight with one another.
9) Have FUN!
After two days they seem to be doing o.k. They will be coming back to Mississippi this weekend with my younger sister.
Lily seems to be plugging along. She is a little more alert every day. You can see her scanning the room for a familiar face, and once she focuses in on you she will lay a heart-melting smile all over you. I can already tell she will use this to her advantage someday.








No comments: