Friday, June 22, 2007

Lily. A Tribute to Billy Joel

UPTOWN GIRL

A number of years ago I heard an old Billy Joel song that he had written as a lullaby for his daughter. The lyrics went something like,
"Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away."
I find myslef humming this little tune when I rock her to sleep at night, or in the morning, depending on what time of day she decides she's had enough. So I thought it might be fun to tag each of these pics with a throwback title to the ole' piano man.

THE RIVER OF DREAMS

SCENES FROM AN ITALIAN RESTAURANT
(I know this doesn't make sense)

JUST THE WAY YOU ARE

GOODNIGHT SAIGON

NEW YORK STATE OF MIND

THE ENTERTAINER

LEAVE A TENDER MOMENT ALONE

TELL HER ABOUT IT

SHE'S GOT A WAY

No comments: