Friday, October 31, 2008

Football, Foilage, Fair and Soccer

I figured I needed to get a blog up before Halloween and Micah's Birthday, otherwise you would have to navigate through 50 pics in one setting. I realize that can be a bit much, especially when they aren't even your kids.
I'm not exactly sure how I am going to pull this off but at some point the plans are to download these blogs and stick them in a book. We have not done well with the whole 'baby book' thing, so maybe this could suffice. When I was a kid we had these slide projector thing-a-ma-jigs. It was a carousel of memories pulled out for special events. I can even remember the smell of that old projector - something akin to old oil, singed hair, and burnt silverfish. Every vacation, every birthday, every holiday is captured on a 1" x 1" square card filed away into the dark oblivion of 'The Hall Closet.' I vaguely remember holding those little slides up to the light trying to figure out which one of those micro people was me. Wait a minute, that wasn't those family slides I remember holding up to the light... it was the microfiche of a 1976 'nudie' magazine that my younger brother lifted from the public library. We were 10 - 12 years old and only interested in the articles I assure you.
All that to say, if you want to leave a comment for the kids feel free to do so. If you are a friend, a family member, a friend of the family, or the family of a friend, we'd love for you to leave your mark. I'm sure one day the kids will pull out these "old" blog books from the closets of oblivion and laugh at their clothes, their hair styles, and their out-of-touch / out-of-date parents.











1 comment:

The Trest Family said...

John, you are getting good with that camera! Great pictures of the kids! They are growing so fast!