Thursday, April 26, 2007

lili-lili-lili get your adverbs here!

Stop and smell the Lilies...

Sleep deprivation is a common condition that afflicts 47 million American adults, or almost a quarter of the adult population. Symptoms can interfere with memory, energy levels, mental abilities, and emotional mood. A study conducted by the University of Chicago Medical Center in 1999 indicates that the leading cause of sleep deprivation is baby girls named Lily who have no internal differentiator indicating night and day.

It's not really that bad, sleep is overrated anyway. Today, Lily turns 2 weeks old. I know that is not that big of a deal and in the grand scheme of things perhaps you are right. But, weighing in at 9lbs & 4 oz she is literally changing before our very eyes. It reminds me of the sea monkeys we had as a kid. Dump a packet of cryogenically frozen amoebas into a glass of water, come back in a few days and you have a host of bacterial fungi swimming around in a wasteland of polluted water. Yeah, kinda like that...


As she has graduated from newborn diapers to the big size uno, I find myself getting bit by the nostalgia bug. If my grandmother taught me anything, it was to enjoy the small things in life that most would see as routine and common. She believed it was the cumulation of the insignificant that made life such a treasure. "Don't forget to stop and smell the roses" she would say. So, part of my commitment as a dad is to really stop and breathe the fragance of a beautiful little Lily.

Her Nenaw created this masterpiece.

Her Aunt Rebecca created this masterpiece.



Memaw and Lily. (My mom's granmother was Lillie)


Enough said.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Great pictures....That precious baby "flower" makes us all look GREAT !!! She has completely filled our lives with happiness and I thank you for having her (for us) !!! She and her big brothers have made my world a better place !!! I love you all..
Nenaw

Aunt Steph said...

Thanks for another great set of pictures! Keep them coming! I can't wait to hold you myself and see how much you've changed since your nenaw was with you. Thank you for coming into our world you are our newest ray of sunshine. We sure think the world of you (as we do of your brothers). See you soon miss lily!!!!!

love always

Unknown said...

I cant believe ya'll have 3 kids! They are beautiful! We think about you guys a lot! It great to see things are going so great for your family! God Bless,
Nathan and Jennifer Ezelle